NRCA is entering our Boosterthon Fundraising Campaign that will begin this coming Monday, March 22nd. These next couple of weeks bring such an excitement and enthusiasm to the NRCA campus all while building community amongst our students and families. For our High School students, NRCA is excited to announce the return of our annual High School-Wide Blacklight Dodgeball Tournament.
The Blacklight Dodgeball tournament will take place on Wednesday, March 31st. We have worked hard in preparing and organizing an event that prioritizes the safety of our students and will be implementing COVID-19 protocols throughout the tournament. These will include:
- All participating students will be required to wear masks and gloves each game (new gloves will be provided for each game)
- Each game will last no more than 10 minutes, ensuring that all students will be within 6 feet of each other for less than 15 minutes at a time.
- All teams will remain in their homerooms until their team is called to come to the gym to play their games.
The Blacklight Dodgeball Tournament will be a double-elimination tournament where each student who chooses to participate will be guaranteed to play a minimum of two games. There will also be a Staff vs. Student game that students can pay to participate in, provided they are playing in the tournament. One individual incentive available for purchase will be that students can pay to be able to re-enter a game (one time) during any game as long as it is not in the last three minutes. The final individual incentive is that students can pay to be able to wear a black shirt during one game in order to be less visible from the blacklights (this shirt will be brought by the student and worn over their provided Blacklight Dodgeball shirt) The breakdown for the games and individual incentives are as follows:
- Participation in Tournament, Blacklight Dodgeball Shirt, Lunch (Pizza provided) – $75
- Participation in Staff vs. Student Game – $25
- Re-Entry Incentive (One Game) – $30
- Black Out Incentive (One Game) – $20
All students interested in participating in the Blacklight Dodgeball Tournament will need to register by NEXT THURSDAY, MARCH 25, at 3:00 pm. Anybody choosing to play in the tournament after this date will be charged a late fee and will be unable to purchase any individual incentives (including the Staff vs. Student game).
NRCA is very excited to celebrate the return of the Blacklight Dodgeball Tournament with our High School students. If you have any questions leading up to the tournament, please reach out to Mr. Leonard at email@example.com.