How can we help?
What do I need to know about Zoom Conferences?
What are Zoom Conferences?
Zoom Conferences is an application that provides an online learning environment for both students and teachers. Teachers will be able to share content in a real time setting employing features such as presentations, whiteboards, document markup, and polling. These features are similar to what our teachers currently use with their iPads in the traditional class setting. By using webcams and microphones, students are able to interact directly with their teachers in a virtual “face-to-face” environment.
What Should I Expect in Zoom Conferences?
Just as classroom dynamics vary from teacher to teacher, the Zoom Conferences experience will not be identical from teacher to teacher. However, teachers will communicate expectations and particulars to their individual classes, including details of dates, times, and duration of Zoom Conferences.
Here are some guidelines for students to maximize their time in Zoom Conferences:
- Teacher may remove the right to chat, speak, or record at their discretion.
- Anything posted to the Public Chat or spoken via microphone/webcam should contribute to the conversation and be directly related to the topic at hand.
- Students should attempt to not talk over one another.
- Use courteous, thoughtful, and respectful language in all communications. Maintain an awareness of your digital “tone.”
- Contribute as much as you can, but give some room for others.
- Be present at all times; don’t multitask. Consider Zoom Conferences like a normal school experience.
- Avoid “disappearing” without explanation. If you get bumped out and can’t get back in, send your teacher an email.
- Do not allow any unauthorized guests, such as friends not registered in the course, to participate in Zoom Conferences.
How do I watch previous Zoom Conferences?
All published recordings of Zoom Conferences can be accessed through the Zoom Conference menu item in Schoology.
How does the Zoom iOS app work?
For a run down of features in the Zoom iOS app, please see the article titled, “What are some basic features of the Zoom iOS app? (Student)”